With time we have noticed the changing trends of marketing, where traditional marketing is now replaced by digital marketing mostly. Due to technological evolution, businesses are getting more insightful opportunities to target their customers in a new and impactful way. From knowing basic demand to the after-sales service, everything is being monitored and delivered exceptionally well, just to get more loyal customers to their brand.
But what exactly digital marketing is? Let’s break it into components, it’s simply digitization of your marketing efforts, may it be on social media channels, on your websites, or by having a smartphone application – to attract, engage and delight your customers.
Today we want to dive deeper into what digital marketing is, and how to get started.
So, let’s start!
“Definition in simpler words” …
“Digital marketing is any form of marketing products or services that involve electronic devices.”
The most common practices in 2020 which business put in time and money to grow their business are through SEO, email, social media, affiliate, and social media.
Search engine optimization (SEO):
Do you want to be the number one search result for your niche on google? Everyone wants to be, right!
Switch yourself towards tackling Search Engine Optimization and increase traffic to your site.
What is SEO?
Search engine optimization is the process of increasing the quality and quantity of website traffic by increasing the visibility of a website or a web page to users of a web search engine. SEO refers to the improvement of unpaid results and excludes direct traffic/visitors and the purchase of paid placement.
A recent study conducted by GE Capital Retail Bank found that 80% of the people today, search on the internet before buying the products or avail the services. They mostly search by keywords and get relevant websites in return. Top 3 organic results on google, get almost 70% of the traffic and prominence, and it’s exactly what the users are searching for when they are searching on google.
From increasing traffic to revenue, SEO does wonders for businesses:
- Improve your sales
- Increase the revenue of your business
- It’s cost-effective
- Avail long term profitability
- Build your brand equity
- And much more!
SEO is very important for your online business. Check out some guidelines to start SEO, today.
Social Media Marketing (SMM):
Social Media has changed the world. The rise of social media and social networking have speeded up information accessibility, globally. Small chunks of information and communication can be transmitted on fingertips, making it easier and faster for the people to access everything they want to.
There are now almost 3.484 billion social media users across the globe, which is a 9% increase compared to last year. This equates to 45% of the world’s population is on social media.
Businesses are now creating social media presence to promote their brand and update their customers with their latest offerings.
Social media does miracles for the brands. In 2020, it has been noticed that brands are tapping into the potential of sharing interactive content and video making using AI, graphics, and a lot more.
A social media strategy consultant Neal Schaffer puts it:
“If your business wants to survive in organic social media in 2020, I believe that this sort of humanization of your brand will be necessary.”
Some prevailing trends on social media in 2020 are:
- Facebook Pay: Facilitate on-platform payments, in-stream, making it easier for people to buy products on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Messenger.
- Instagram removing likes: In response to the growing realization of the adverse effects on mental health, Instagram is focusing on better humanization of their brand.
- Snapchat AR: Overlay digital graphics over people’s real-world view.
- Tweet streaming: A new live-streaming feature.
- Facebook Watch: Facebook’s video-on-demand service.
Pay-per-click advertising (PPC):
The sponsored ads you see at the top of the google search are known as PPC. These ads are not organically earned rather these are the paid ads using Search Engine Advertising.
These are beneficial for businesses to increase their traffic and can generate hundreds in return. If your PPC campaign is working properly, the fee you pay for the ad is negligible as compared to the benefit it gives, worth a lot more than what you have had paid for.
Looking for another stream of revenue? Now make money at any time, from anywhere through Affiliate Marketing as It is revenue-based.
The idea is, in affiliate marketing, you promote a product in your network if someone buys the products by your recommendation, you can earn a commission out of it. It’s that simple!
From the seller’s perspective, the vision is to spread your creation across the developed market, you need to offer some financial incentives to affiliates to get your product promoted and highlighted in their circle – making sure that their network buys the product.
“Affiliate marketing is the process of earning a commission by promoting other people’s (or company’s) products. You find a product you like, promote it to others and earn a piece of the profit for each sale that you make.”
There is a 10.1% increase in affiliate marketing spending in the United States each year, meaning that by 2020, that number will reach $6.8 billion. Isn’t it great?
The three main drivers of this technique are:
- The Merchant: Merchant can be a product owner, creator, entrepreneur or a large enterprise. This the party creates a product and finds an affiliate or an opinion leader (paid one) to become a word of mouth for them.
- The Affiliate Marketer or Publisher: An affiliate can either be an individual or a company that markets a product to potential customers. They create intrigue and interest in the end customers by spreading awareness, showing benefits, and highlighting features of the product. They act as positive word of mouth on social channels, blogs, vlogs, and websites.
- The Consumer: These are the purchasers! If a consumer purchases a product through an affiliate, the two-party either share the profit or a predefined commission is earned by the affiliate.
Yep, Email’s popular. There are over 3.9 billion email users worldwide. It’s predicted to grow over 2.8 billion email users in the next 2 years.
You can easily target more potential customers through email rather than on social media. Choosing limited word count while using attractive visual stimuli can help you engage better with your customers.
This trend has been prevailing for quite a time and now it has become a prerequisite for companies to use as their first marketing strategy.
Some benefits for email marketing include:
- It’s cheap. Email campaigns are cost-effective than other tools of marketing like TV ads or Social Media Paid Ads.
- It’s action-oriented: When you send an email, it’s pretty understood that some action might take place either it’s a reply, forward, click-through, sign-up, or even straight to buying.
- Not to miss, it is measurable: With email marketing, you can measure a complete customer journey. From clicking the email to visiting a website to clicking on CTA, everything is being monitored and can be analyzed for future goals.
I hope this article must have expanded your view, about digital marketing that is more than Facebook Ads or Social Media blasts.
If you have any questions or any key takeaways, you can mention it in the comment section below. Also, if you are looking for online consultancy in digital marketing visit our website for more: www.aciano.net